Hysterical Women needs your guest posts for 2020
It’s that time again! Hysterical Women will be taking a short festive break from today, Wednesday 18 December, until Thursday 2 January. In the meantime though, I desperately need more guest posts to be able to keep the blog going into 2020.
I’m seeking guest post submissions from any woman (cis or trans) or non-binary person who’s got a story to tell about sexism, dismissal and disbelief in healthcare.
In particular, I’m interested in hearing from:
- Women of colour who’ve experienced sexism and racism when trying to access support for mental, physical or sexual health concerns
- Trans/non-binary people who’ve experienced misgendering and stigma in healthcare, health problems being dismissed or automatically attributed to your status as a trans/NB person (e.g. “it’s just the hormone treatment”), difficulties negotiating sexual health services either as a trans woman, gender dysphoria being dismissed as teenage hormones/confusion/just a phase, etc.
- Mothers who’ve been dismissed as neurotic or making a fuss about nothing when struggling with their own physical or perinatal/maternal mental health, or when concerned about their child’s health
- Women whose perimenopausal or menopausal symptoms have been dismissed, or who’ve struggled to access help
- Campaigners and healthcare professionals who are working to raise awareness and improve healthcare for women across the UK
In the meantime, have a very merry Christmas period, and a happy new year. See you in 2020!